The name Jah-Jireh is scripturally based and essentially means: Jehovah Provides
Genesis 22:14 says:
“And Abraham began to call the name of that place Je‧ho′vah‐ji′reh. This is why it is customarily said today: “In the mountain of Jehovah it will be provided.”
There is a great need for facilities for our elderly and infirm brothers and sisters that cater to their particular needs.
What makes Jah-Jireh Different to other Care Homes?
At Jah-Jireh Homes across the world, there are programmes to care not only for the physical needs of our older brothers and sisters but also their spirituality.
Here is just a short list of some of the spiritual activities happening at different Jah-Jireh Homes:
- Days text, daily bible reading and weekly family worship
- Meeting preparation and learning to use the workbook
- Facility to watch the meetings live if unable to attend
- A literature trolley kept in the home for residents use
- Some congregation ministry groups meet at the homes which residents like to sit in on even if unable to go out
- JW Broadcast monthly programme
- Spiritual ‘coffee mornings’ which we are told the residents love and have learned all the new songs
- All homes have arrangements to attend the convention. For those unable to attend, provisions have been made for them to watch live the same weekend or downloaded to watch in separate sessions.
Prayers are offered regularly as and when appropriate or requested by the residents. Many homes also have trustees assigned to each home who regularly visit and spend time listening to the residents and offering support and bible based advice.
We would love to hear from you if you would like to get involved or organise any spiritual activities in the home. Some of our more able-bodied residents get such joy from spending a short time on street work or cart witnessing. Please email:email@example.com